This is just a short post on winter/autumn style essentials. This year there will be a smarter look in general with brogues, overcoats and slim leg trousers continuing to take centre stage.
Below are my 5 key winter items.
1. A big, holdall type bag – what a great item to have which you can use year round (this is just a style essential, not only a winter one) you can use it day to day and are able to keep anything you may need in it, from your laptop to your gym gear. You will always have everything to hand.
2. Slim leg trousers – there seems to be a slight change in the a trousers fit this year, the leg seems to be getting slightly looser so go for a slim leg fit rather than skinny. You can add bigger upper body layers to finish the look, maybe a cable knit jumper under a winter coat.
3. Green and blue colours – there will be a lot of green and blues this winter which works well as they look great together. I’d recommend a cable knit jumper in either colour.
4. A long overcoat – a classic cotton/wool over coat will do perfectly. It will look great with a slim leg trouser, your coat and a tartan scarf teamed up with a good brogue.
5. A blanket scarf – what winter outfit is finished without a scarf?! This is a must! Not only will it keep you warm with the winter freeze but it will also look great.