Here are a few tips for the novice beard grower, these tips will help you get on the road to the perfect beard.
1. Let it grow, don’t start trying to trim
and shape it at first.
2. Keep it clean, it’s still hair so make sure you wash it! Might also be wise to use a beard oil from an early stage, find out how to make your own here – https://thebeardedgentlemanblogs.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/the-perfect-beard/
3. Push through the itchy stage, it only gets better.
4. Let it grow below your jaw line, chip straps are horrible, avoid any sharp lines with your beard.
5. When you do get to a substantial length after say 3 weeks, you can make it neater by making the edges a bit sleeker. You can either use a beard trimmer or scissors to rid any stray hairs. Make your beard tighter on your cheek, I tend to trim my beard on the sides and keep it longer at the bottom to give a well groomed appearance.
6. Use a beard trimmer to keep it at a fairly even length. A beard that’s uneven all over will look scruffy.
7. The most important one, Have patience! Trust me, having a beard is worth it.